------ "ROUSEings™" ------ By Graham Rouse .
"Congratulations, Holly Rolen for this 12', balloon art version of a stained glass portrait of Jesus. It is well conceived, beautifully executed and lighted very effectively to show off both the translucent qualities of balloons and your iconic image of Jesus."
Readers may see more of this project below along with links to resources for producing your own graphic #MadeWithBalloons™.
You may visit Holly's Facebook page (Holly Rolen.) to see more of her work. If you have questions or comments please leave them in the Reply" section below You may also contact Holly directly at "firstname.lastname@example.org".[caption id="attachment_878" align="aligncenter" width="500"] "JESUS" by Holly Rolen under construction with Rouse Matrix™ Expand-And-Load Balloon Frames[/caption]
HERE IS HOW
Holly Rolen is shown above about half way through construction of her portrait of Jesus.
- The 3' by 3' panels of flexible, plastic, RMS™, Expand-And-Load™ balloon frames are connected by hand with built in tabs to form the 12' by 12' balloon canvas.
- The top edge of the canvas is stretched across work tables and clamped in place on the left and right.
- Pairs of balloons are loaded into openings in the first row and then the second and third rows. This is the patented #RouseAPPS™ SIMPLE Technique. (An alternate method of loading balloons uses strings of connected balloons instead of pairs. The balloons are generally more expensive. The time required for loading balloons is generally half or less. This is the RouseAPPS™ FAST Technique.)
- After a few rows are loaded the clamps are no longer needed to hold opposite edges apart, but the clamps are useful to keep the weight of the hanging Matrix from pulling your finished balloon work off the table.
- The balloons are loaded according to a pattern worked out on special honeycomb graph paper. Download this RMS™ Banner graph paper for printing and use in making your own designs.
You will find the basic instruction sheet that comes with the Matrix to be helpful. But, you do not have to wait until you have your own Matrix. You may download Rouse Matrix™ Banner instructions now.The two main tricks to getting good results are:
- (1) Make sure you size balloons properly. This is generally 4" in diameter but may vary somewhat depending on the type and brand of balloon. Some are softer, slicker or less round than others.
- (2) Make sure the balloons are centered in the apertures (openings). Half the balloon should be on one side of the framework and half on the other side.
- You may also want to review some short, RMS™ instructional videos online.
Holly's portrait of Jesus is shown above as installation is being completed by the workman on the lift in the lower left corner.
It is useful to attach a stiff rod or tube along the upper edge to help align the canvas of balloons and to facilitate hanging. You may also add another along the bottom edge to help stretch the canvas and keep it flat.
MAKE YOUR OWN
Are you ready to produce your own graphic MadeWithBalloons™?
- Ask your questions in the reply section below and/or
Contact me directly if you would like help getting started.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 1-864-654-4166
- Tel: toll free in USA 1-877-GO-ROUSE (1-864-467-6873)
Are you ready to "dive right in" to your graphic MadeWithBalloons™?
We look forward to helping you get started and we would love to see pictures of what you make right here in our reply section and on Rouse Matrix Facebook Page.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Balloon Arts Review, banner, distributor, gralph paper, graphic, Graphics MadeWithBalloons, Here Is How, Holly Rolen, Jesus, MadeWithBalloons, religion, religious, review, rms, rouse matrix